When a person loses the mental capacity to handle their own affairs, it is too late to consider a Power of Attorney and things have to be dealt with differently. This usually involves an application being made to the Court for powers to be granted either for a specific purpose or to deal generally with a person’s affairs. The latter involves asking the Court to appoint a Guardian who will be responsible for looking after a person’s affairs subject to certain requirements set by the Court and under the supervision and direction of the Office of the Public Guardian.

Advice regarding the procedures involved can be provided by contacting us or arranging an initial consultation.

To contact us please either click “Contact Us” and complete the on-line enquiry form, telephone us on 0141 959 1674 or email us at enquiries@fieldingmclean.co.uk